Thursday, March 16, 2006

He consumes me with the fire of His love.

The words of this song really spells out what I feel about my King, my Father...

Every time I open up the bible, I see new things I have never noticed before and passages that I've read before seem to have a new meaning... All that treasure, I had never noticed before... like a consuming fire fanning into flames creating a new passion for His name (from another praise song that really touches deep within).

I was telling Ian the other day, the deeper I venture into letting go and letting Him... the more some worldly goals no longer matter. Yes I still want to write scripts and do films... but more than that, I want to serve Him with what he has given me- my talents... God forbid that i should waste them on materialistic pursuits instead of using them on promoting His Kingdom, His name.

How true this verse of the song:
You've given me though I deserve nothing
Everything I have,I owe it all to You

With each new day, I realise that what I have in this world are
blessings from Him... there is no such thing as luck. No such thing
as astrology or fate. Just blessings and leaps of faith... trusting
Him, building that amazing relationship with the true Majesty...
El Shaddai himself.... the rest are just shifitng sand. He is the
only rock that has stood firm in my life from the beginning and He will
be there till the end. Indeed, boyfriends and crushes aside...
Jesus will always be my first love...

I remember singing to Him all alone in the school chapel when it
felt like i had not a friend in the world...

I love you Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship you
Oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy my King
In what you hear
May it be a sweet sweet sound
In your ear...

No one would understand or accept me except Him.

He held out his hands to me, embraced me in His love and gave me the
solace and rest I sought... from the politics of a convent school
that seemed to teem with girls that shared the herd mentality and hurt
another to please themselves.

I was very dark and very alone then... but He showed me the way back
to Him again.

Jesus never ostracizes or bitches or hurts...
Our broken hearts are met with only grace and compassion in Him who
heals and loves unfailingly.

We can run and hide away from Him or fly beyond the horizon and still be
overtaken by his amazing love for us... becauseit is so great, it covers
us no matter where we are, regardless of the time of day... He is always
there.


Overtaken
Zach Neese, Walker Beach
Key: A
Verse 1:
A
Jesus Christ, I worship and adore You
D
Every day I live, I'm living for You
E
What else can I say?
A Esus
You've overtaken me

A
Every day with You is getting better
D
every word from you is like a treasure
E
Giving all of me,
D Esus
I'm finding more of You


Chorus:
A
God, You're taking over
F#m7
all of me I'm letting go, so
D E A Esus
You can come, and have Your way in me
A
I leave it all behind for
F#m7
Jesus You saved my life, now
D E A
everyday I worship You, my King


Verse 2:
Jesus Christ, I thank You for the love
You've given me though I deserve nothing
Everything I have,
I owe it all to You

Nothing that this world has got to offer
satisfies my soul, I still hunger
Pouring out my heart
I'm filling up with You


Bridge:
D E
It's only by the blood
D E
And it's only through the cross
D E F#m7 (E)
You have overtaken me (4x)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Hey I randomly came across your blog. I'm a christian and an artist as well. check out my blog/website also if you like. peace out!

Carrie

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home