Thursday, December 22, 2005

What does God want? Really?

I want loving-kindness and not a gift to be given in worship. I want people to know God instead of giving burnt gifts. - Hosea 6:6

What does God really want out of us? More tithes? To sing louder during praise and worship? To go to church every Sunday?

No... I feel that He wants a relationship. For us to know Jesus so that through Him we can know His Father... Our Father.

God does not want us to just blindly drop money into the offerings bag or to sing him praise songs with nothing within... He is not interested in incense... or repetitions of the Rosary with no heart placed in it...

He just wants us to make an effort to reach out to Him... to be honest with Him, to offer our broken hearts to Him, to seek His healing touch, His love, His word... He wants to have a stronger parent-child relationship with us... for us to tear down the brick wall we've been putting up between Him and ourselves.

I think that is what He wants from us... that that is the true worship He seeks from us.

After speaking with Lay Fong, after hearing the sermons of Pastor David's in church, I feel the need to rebuilt the relationship that I had with Him.

As a teen, I'd sit before a picture of Jesus and talk to Him knowing that He truly is there... not in the image but in the spirit... And I found such great consolation just chatting to Him. I'd leave him post-it notes on the wall to tell him about a bad day, a need, a petition, to praise and thank Him...

Then I stopped when I was really hurt by what a priest did to my family in my parish church.

Now at Grace, I feel healed and ready to build that relationship with Christ again. The need to put Christ in the centre... not those daily cares and worries... but Christ. To show more love and kindness as He showed us. To communicate with Him in prayer and in praise... to built that friendship with Him and that relationship with Our Father.

It was never His fault that things went awry for me but Humanity as it is and bad choices on my part... And worship is not always a me, myself and I thing... the Heart of Worship is HIM... Jesus Christ and the love, blessings, grace and mercy He has to offer us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

just happened to pop by while searching for corrinne may's lyrics. totally agree with you on your post. More than anything else, let us professors of Jesus desire Him and Him alone. May the Lord bless you. cheers.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home