Thursday, February 09, 2006

The hardest P&W song I know to sing and really mean it especially when all is not going well...

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

====================================================================================

Job is one of the most amazing characters I know in the Bible. I used to wonder why would God just randomly select someone to inflict on this bad stuff just to gamble with the Devil.

Then I realise that God knows Jacob trusts him and he knows that Jacob can pass this huge massive test being thrown at him because of that great faith he has. Job was not cursed but blessed to be able to be tested the way he was. And God did indeed bless him many more folds after all the suffering he was made to go through.

And in the same way, we can be assured that God will never test us beyond our means.
But if he does, hold this in your heart:

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

God will give us the strength to overcome each trial... we cannot rely on our own strength but on his. We are weak but He is strong and if we claim the Victory in HIS name, we can overcome.

But sometimes it is very difficult and whenever I am tested, I wrestle with so much fear and so much doubt but I hold His promises in my heart and will praise Him until I overcome. I hope I can follow Job and Abraham and Mary and Christ's example to trust in God even when the most impossible thing happens in my life ever.

But I also pray that God will not have to test me until too jialak. =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina K Brown said...

We saw Rebecca St James in concert last night and she sang this song......it was POWERFUL!!!!!

Of course I have heard and sung it often because i listen to Klove and go to church but it was awesome in a concert setting.


ps: Nice to meet you.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home